Naturally, we want to combine our coffee drinks with our alcohol drinks whenever possible. We have already done this with the cocktail recipes for the Espresso Chai Tea Cocktail and the Salted Caramel Mocha Cocktail. This time, we are recreating the peppermint mocha and turning it into an adults only beverage… The Peppermint Martini!
Warning…don’t overdo it on the creme de menthe. You don’t want your peppermint martini to end up tasting like peppermint toothpaste.
The chocolate portion of the drink comes from Godiva Chocolate liqueur. It’s a good for a dessert type cocktail like the S’mores Martini.
And don’t forget the espresso vodka. You can’t have a mocha without espresso.
This drink is straight alcohol, unless you count the homemade whipped cream and dark chocolate espresso bean garnish – which we don’t.
This martini is served cold but you won’t mind. There is enough alcohol in it to warm your bones during the chilly evenings.
It’s the perfect adults only beverage on nights when you want a peppermint mocha but don’t want to make the trip to Starbucks. Plus, this way you really don’t have to share with the kids.
- 2 ounces Espresso Vodka
- 2 ounces Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
- ½ ounce Creme de Menthe
- Homemade whipped cream and chocolate covered espresso balls for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, combine espresso vodka, Godiva, and creme de menthe with ice.
- Shake and strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish with a dollop of homemade whipped cream and a few chocolate covered espresso beans.
Latest posts by Jessica Torres (see all)
- Campari Cocktail Recipes: Campari Orange and Campari Soda - May 19, 2013
- Tahoe Blue Vodka – Bloody Mary Contest - May 18, 2013
- Key Lime Pomegranate Martini - May 16, 2013