The idea for this Tahoe Blue Vodka Cocktail came to me after taking my first sip of Tahoe Blue Vodka. This mixed drink is similar to a mojito recipe and really highlights the taste of the vodka. Plus it’s a very easy cocktail to make.
Start with 2 lime quarters (a lime wedge cut in half) and add half a bar spoon of sugar. Muddle the lime and the sugar together before adding any other ingredients to help the sugar dissolve. You could use simple syrup instead in the cocktail if you wanted to but I liked the idea of fresh sugar to go along with the sugarcane in the vodka.
Add the Tahoe Blue Vodka, crushed ice and top off with a splash of mineral water. Don’t use too much water, it’s really there to add a little bit of carbonation to the drink, not to water it down.
Garnish the Tahoe Blue Vodka Cocktail with 2 more lime quarters to make it look pretty and you’re done. Told you it was easy. And assuming you are anything like me you will always have the ingredients on hand to make this cocktail.
- 2 lime quarters
- ½ bar spoon sugar
- 2 ounces Tahoe Blue Vodka
- Mineral Water
- Crushed Ice
- 2 lime quarters for garnish
- In a rocks glass muddle 2 lime quarters with sugar.
- Add Tahoe Blue Vodka and crushed ice.
- Top with a splash of mineral water.
- Garnish with 2 more lime quarters.
Don’t forget that Tahoe Blue Vodka donates a portion of their proceeds to preserve Lake Tahoe. So you get a great tasting vodka and you help take care of one of the best lakes in the U.S. (in my opinion).
We were provided with two bottles of Tahoe Blue Vodka to review and use for cocktails but we did not receive compensation. All opinions, pictures and the cocktail recipe are our own.
Latest posts by Jessica Torres (see all)
- Ice Cream Soda Cocktail – A boozy treat for summer - June 19, 2013
- A Round-Up of Martini Recipes for National Martini Day - June 18, 2013
- Fresh Peach Margarita - June 16, 2013