The Red Velvet Martini and the KINKY Liqueur Martini are both red cocktails. We know some people like pink martinis for Valentine’s Cocktails. So… that’s what we are giving you today with this Cherry Martini.
Creating this drink was an experiment to say the least.
The rest of the cocktail ingredients were trial and error (and patience from my husband). Once it finally came together I was very pleased. Before that? I may or may not have been a little frustrated.
This mixed drink starts off similar to the Cherry Bomb Cocktail with cherry vodka, grenadine and maraschino cherry juice.
The last two ingredients are a little bit of fresh squeezed lemon and a dash or two of Peychaud’s Bitters which has a sweet cinnamony taste.
A maraschino cherry and a lemon twist provide the finishing touches for the Cherry Martini. Because of course you need finishing touches for your cocktail.
- 1 ounce cherry vodka
- 1 ounce vanilla vodka
- ¼ ounce grenadine
- ¼ ounce maraschino cherry juice
- ⅛ ounce lemon
- 1-2 dashes Peychaud’s Bitters
- Lemon twist and maraschino cherry for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with lemon twist and maraschino cherry.
The above link for Peychaud’s Bitters is an affiliate link.
Latest posts by Jessica Torres (see all)
- Campari Cocktail Recipes: Campari Orange and Campari Soda - May 19, 2013
- Tahoe Blue Vodka – Bloody Mary Contest - May 18, 2013
- Key Lime Pomegranate Martini - May 16, 2013